Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We Got What We Deserve: Election Results

To say I woke up rejoicing this morning would be the understatement of the year. I will admit, I struggled to get out of bed. I was unmotivated, and in a word, frustrated. For the past week my schoolmates of Christ for the Nations Institute in Dallas, TX, and I had spent countless hours praying, fasting, and worshiping, seeking God's heart for this country regarding yesterday's elections. As I watched the results of the electoral votes pour in I thought I had tachycarida. First Romney was in the lead, then Obama, then Romney, then Obama... And soon my heart sank in the pit of my stomach and I watched the blue outgrow the red.

I am, and always will be to the death, pro-life and pro-man-and-woman-marriage. I don't agree with the fact that we just allowed the man who legalized a form of murdering babies as our leader, and I especially don't like the fact that a hetero married man is for legalizing same sex marriages. If you have had an abortion or believe in it, and/or are gay, I would say I don't have anything against you personally, but I don't agree with your lifestyle. It has nothing to do with politics, unless we drag in the role of the ekklesia. Both children and marriage have everything to do with the church and should have never entered politics. But I digress. I'm not here to debate or raise Hell over some of, if not, the most heated arguments in the world today.

Many argue this election was rigged, there has been debate about allowing illegal immigrants vote which swayed the outcome, but it's time to wake up and smell the roses. The outcome is a direct result of where this country is heading. 

Over 50 MILLION people just willingly voted to invite same sex marriage and abortion into a nation that once believed it was under God. We are no longer under God, Americans have become god. 

In our human corporate mindset we have flipped the Almighty Creator off, saying, "We don't need you anymore. This is our country, and we are going to run it how WE want." 

America has torn down the ark and replaced it with a golden calf in the shape of the "American dream" which in all reality, friends, is a twisted rendition of hope now turned hypocrisy. As the Israelites turned their backs on God as their ruler screaming and demanding, "We want a king!" so Americans have done the same. We have turned our backs on God saying, "Give us a new King, Jesus is not enough!" 

One of my teachers said it perfectly during class today, he said, "I have traveled all across this country, and sadly I can say in all brutal honesty that not 1 in a 1,000 churches in America spent even a total of 15 minutes in corporate prayer for this election...And if we wanted a corporate change, we would have to have corporate America on its knees praying." 

America is reaping what it sowed. And what it sowed has fallen on thorny ground. 

However, there is hope. For as long as Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords there is always hope. He has created a covenant with this nation and He does not take covenants lightly. Over 250 years ago this nation promised to be "One Nation Under God", and I can guarantee you we will see a day when that will come to pass once more. However, God is also a God of relationships and partnering and He wants to partner with His people.

If the Church wants to see change they HAVE to be the change. We cannot wait until the night before and fast lunch and then throw a fit when we don't see the candidate we wanted to win giving a victory speech. We have to plan well in advance. And unless we want to allow America to continue skyrocketing on a one-way-ticket to self-implosion, if not by economic standards first, we must start praying and fasting NOW for the next election. We cannot afford to wait. 

We waited for God to move first and lost Roe v. Wade.
We sat back watching in horror as abortion became legal instead of standing outside the offices praying.
We shunned the gay communities, condemned them even, and in the 1980's 38 homosexuals met together on how to single-handedly take over the country in the next 20 years.

Almost 20 years later, everything they planned to do has already come to pass.

If 38 homosexuals have been able to captivate a once Christian nation, what can 40 Christians who call on the merciful power of God Almighty who has saved and preserved the tiny country of Israel for the past 2,000+ years, what can WE accomplish in 20 years?

Enough is enough.
I am not going to sit around waiting for someone else to do the job that all Christians are called to do.
I am moving now.
I am praying and going to start fasting for 2016's elections NOW.
In fact, I am going to be praying for a change of heart in Obama because the name of "Jesus" is HIGHER than Obama. 

Enough is enough. I will not wait and watch idly as my country falls to the same sin my hometown has. The name of Jesus is higher than Romney, Obama, the Supreme Court Justices, America, Vegas, over every name.


Time to smell the roses, Church. Time to stand up, put down your doughnuts and coffee, actually attend corporate prayer nights once a week, and wake that sleeping giant. 
You've slept for far too long...

-Saint

No comments:

Post a Comment